To allow sufficient time for office appointments and scheduled anesthetic and surgical procedures, we operate by appointment only. Emergency cases and critical care cases occasionally occur which is why an appointment delay is possible. Please realize that we will make a sincere attempt to see each patient in a timely manner and keep you informed of any anticipated emergency or critical care delays. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Patient Arrival Policy
- For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
- All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash.
- For your convenience, drop-off appointments are available during the week.
- For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all core vaccinations be up-to-date. A list of the required core vaccines for each species is available on our Hospital Information Brochure.
Payment is due at the time services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept a variety of payment options, including cash, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit.
When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Springfield Animal Hospital understands this and is able to make special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 3 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or you can apply online yourself.
CareCredit is a personal line of credit for healthcare, both human and veterinary. It works like a credit card that is used for your pet's healthcare services. If your pet is ill and needs extensive medical treatment (immediate or long-term, medical or surgery), CareCredit can finance 100% of your pet's needs with no up front costs, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties. Your pet's treatment can begin immediately upon approval.
To apply for instant credit approval, click here for CareCredit Online Credit Application. If accessing the Internet is not an option, you can also call their 24/7 phone number at 1-800-365-8295.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free for 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance for Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites:
Springfield Animal Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens, active military and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.